Havelock Island (New Official Name: Swaraj Dweep), the most popular island among tourists, is located about 70 km north of the capital city, Port Blair. Swaraj Dweep (Havelock Island) has white sandy beaches, blue waters, and some of the best diving on the continent.
Havelock(Swaraj) has well-justified fame for being a wonderland for travelers. Laze around on its secluded beaches, or explore its dense and serene mangroves; swim among exotic corals while you indulge in Scuba Diving or go out there and explore the wilderness on long Jungle Treks – Havelock has it all!
- Thanks to the pristine beaches and crystal clear waters, Havelock is the most visited island in the Andamans.
- Has the best infrastructure for Scuba Diving to ensure everyone gets the best experience.
- A relaxing atmosphere with a relaxed vibe is what the island has to offer. Cafes, Resorts (both bamboo huts and luxury hotels), and Dive Centers line the beaches.
- A wide range of activities like Snorkeling, Diving, Water Sports, Game Fishing, Jungle Trekking, and Kayaking is available here.
- Around 1.5 -2 hours away from Port Blair (by boat).